Saturday, February 12, 2011

material studies










Since I love crafting and doing anything hands on, I really enjoyed the material studies assignment. We were told to create our own font using everyday materials. As opposed to choosing objects that are easily manipulated, the challenge was to find items that had a definite shape and create a nice, legible font. After we created this font we made a poster showcasing the font in an appropriate area, determined by which object you chose. After numerous studies I narrowed my choices down to dixie cups, twigs, and flowers. I had a hard time deciding between the twigs and dixie cups for my final poster but thought the cups were more interesting since they allowed for less freedom. I named my font "dixie" and photographed it in my bathroom cabinet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment